- Develop global commodity strategy and infrastructure that supports the business and growth plans.
- Responsible for integrating global spending and supply-base by understanding cross-entities requirements and capabilities, develop and execute with the entities on the strategies for a defined group of commodities.
- Demonstrate expertise in assigned commodities and fully competent in all aspects of supply chain management.
- Analyze market conditions and implement supply chain strategies to assure supply and price competitiveness.
- Engage with engineering and quality teams to ensure sourcing strategy is aligned and capitalized on suppliers technology / product roadmaps to drive innovation
- Develop effective relationships with various business units to ensure that the supply chain management is fully involved with new business opportunities.
- Develop and enhance supplier relationships at global level – supplier contact / senior management.
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metric management.
- Ensure steps are taken to prevent and solve any potential material shortages through market report, alternative proposal and global allocation.
- Generate new, innovative and entrepreneurial ideas and suggestions for improvement.
- Demonstrate commitment by exceeding customer expectations.
- Define and execute negotiation strategy, negotiation schedule and supplier selection criteria.
- Ensure the efficient and timely exchange of knowledge and information within the group to ensure best practices are shared.
- Degree or Diploma or its equivalent in Supply Chain/Materials Management /Engineering
- Minimum 10 years in related experience in manufacturing, materials management, negotiation cost reduction activities and materials planning
- Solid experience in sourcing metal and other raw materials is a must
- Ability to self-direct and manage multiple deadline-driven projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate good analytical, planning, negotiation and interpersonal skill with good business acumen
- Effective professional written and verbal communication skills. Written and spoken languages – English and Mandarin are essential, to liaise with Mandarin speaking associates
- Willing to travel, whenever required
To Apply Click HERE